Clarinets on Stage 2020 > Masterclasses
is an international course for conservatory/university clarinet students and young professionals 8, 9, 10 and 11 april 2020. The project includes private lessons (open for all participants) and masterclasses.
The students are free to present a program of their choice (fill in on the inscription document). The course includes also passive participants (same inscription fee as active participants). There will also be masterclasses about French music, classical and romantic music, contemporary music and techniques, orchestra auditions, …
There will be a pianist available for the whole course.
Clarinets on Stage is proud to present a top team of international musicians :
- Philippe BERROD/France prof. "Conservatoire Supérieur de Paris", Principal Clarinet "Orchestre de Paris"
- Thon BROOKS/Japan prof. “Aichi Fine Arts University Nagoya”, former Principal Clarinet “Osaka Philharmonic Orchestra”
- Caroline HARTIG/USA prof. “Ohio State University”, Past President “International Clarinet Association”
- Ricardo MORALES/USA Principal clarinet “Philadelphia Orchestra”
- Charles NEIDICH/USA prof. “Julliard School” New York
- Calogero PALERMO/Italy Principal Clarinet "Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam"
- Eddy VANOOSTHUYSE/Belgium prof. “Royal Conservatory Gent” and “Fontys Conservatory Tilburg”, former Principal Clarinet “Brussels Philharmonic”
- Stefano Cardo/Italy principal bass clarinet Orchestra “Scala Milano”
Places are limited, the organization will close inscriptions at the moment the classes are full. We recommend a quick reply. To inscribe go to INSCRIPTIONS MASTERCLASSES (550€ all in)
On the closing day, all students will be brought by bus to Gent, where a happening is organized with recitals, chambermusic concerts.
Location Peace Village Messines - Nieuwkerkestraat 9a B-8957 Mesen
To keep the inscription fee as low as possible, we have chosen to stay in PEACE VILLAGE, a modern hostel with rooms of 4-6 persons that is placed in the heart of the region of the first World War. All participants get full housing (all in).
The final event of ‘Clarinets on Stage’ will take place on April 11th 2020 in the Royal Conservatory of Ghent.
The final of the day will be the performance of an arrangement for clarinetchoir (all participants of the Academy and the Masterclasses, including the teachers and professors) of CARMINA BURANA for soloists (singing parts will be performed on the clarinet by some of the professors), choir and clarinetchoir. This concert will be conducted by Johan Duijck/Belgium (former conductor choir of Sint Martens in de Fields/London).